Why Praetorian Auto is the Best Option for High-Risk Drivers
By: Praetorian AutoPublished: April 12, 2017
Why Praetorian Auto is the Best Option for High-Risk Drivers
Insurance companies divide drivers into two major categories: low-risk and high-risk. The former category is usually for drivers with no or very few minor traffic violations, for example, parking tickets or speeding. Most non-moving violations are also considered minor. The traffic violation is not the only variable used; insurers also use age, address, marital status, and more to determine what type of driver you are. Low-risk is the preferable category because there is a minimum risk of providing insurance payout. Safe drivers have a small likelihood of filing claims due to road accidents, and insurance companies like this kind of customer.
On the other hand, high-risk drivers are the most difficult to deal with
Most drivers in this category have a history of accidents, repeated traffic violations, or major violations such as reckless driving and DWI (Driving While Intoxicated). In a similar way, insurers use different variables to decide if you are high-risk, for example, insurance lapses, professions, and types of cars. Some insurance companies will cancel your policy if you are involved in any major traffic violation even when you have never neglected a payment. Another problem for high-risk drivers is that it gets harder to find an insurer after cancellation. Once your policy was canceled because you are now regarded as a high-risk driver, it may take long before you can find another company to purchase new insurance coverage, and this is where the Praetorian insurance company comes in.
The organization is a subsidiary of United states Independent Businesses, Inc.
Praetorian is an insurance firm with more than 90 years of experience. Under this parent company, Praetorian Auto is working with a network of underwriters to broaden its scope across most states in the U.S. It has been known to specialize in providing non-standard coverage for high-risk drivers. When you go to insurance companies to apply for policies, some (if not most) of them will ask about driving history, credit score, and many things that possibly lead to application cancellation. This is not the case with Praetorian Insurance because the company will only ask about basic information to provide the coverage you need.
If a low-risk driver can purchase standard coverage, high-risk drivers need to get a non-standard package, which is usually more expensive. As a solution to save money, most high-risk drivers only purchase the state’s minimum coverage requirement with the minimum limits. The minimum requirements in most states are liability coverage, including bodily injury and property damage, but Praetorian Auto Insurance also provides the most common additional coverage, including Collision and Comprehensive.
Apart from the almost-certain approval of insurance application for high-risk drivers, QBE makes everything easier by offering three different payment options, including Economy, Quarterly, and Annual.
- Economy Plan: this Plan breaks down the total payment for your insurance policy into 12-months installments for a year. It allows you to keep your bills well-managed.
- Quarterly Plan: the cost for a full year insurance premium is divided into 3 payments or quarterly.
- Annual Plan: the easiest Plan that allows you to pay the entire premium only once for a full year.
Although the state’s minimum coverage requirement is enough for you to drive legally, you do not get the added benefits from the optional coverage, such as Comprehensive and Collision. Purchasing free coverage does increase the overall premium, but the benefits are worth the purchase should an accident happen. Unlike liability coverage that provides a payout to repair someone else’s property damage, Collision will cover the cost of repairing your car, in case it gets damaged in an accident. If the damages are caused by anything other than an accident, such as vandalism and fire, Comprehensive coverage delivers the needed financial protection.
Car Insurance Discounts
Non-standard coverage is indeed more expensive than its standard counterpart, but there are ways to minimize your expense. When you visit Praetorianauto.com, the official website of the Praetorian insurance company, you can find an extensive list of available discounts and requirements for eligibility. The company currently provides discounts as follows:
- Defensive Driving Course Discount: when you complete a set of training in the driving course, you can receive up to 15% discount for certain types of coverage.
- Driver’s Education Discount: the educational course is only available for drivers aged 24 or under. Maximum discount is 10% for most types of coverage included in your
- Good Students Discounts: if you get good grades in college, you can receive up to 10% discount. The amount of money you save remains available even after college graduation until you are 25 years old.
- Homeownership Discounts: homeowners are considered stable customers. Praetorian Auto Insurance provides up to an 8 % discount if you have a property (condo, house, or mobile home) on your land.
- Non-Owner Discount: for those who often drive rented or borrowed vehicles can purchase an insurance policy with up to 25% discount.
- Multi-Car Discount: having two or more cars in the same household insured by related individuals, you can save up to 32%.
- Paid-in-Full Discount: you can receive up to a 31 % discount when you pay the entire premium upfront.
- Renewal Discount: if you renew a claim-free insurance policy with the company, you can receive up to 15% discount.
- Prior Insurance Discount: if you have at least six months of continuous coverage with your current company, QBE praetorian Insurance can give you up to 40% discount on most types of coverage.
- Other discounts are provided for safety features in cars such as anti-theft devices, airbags, passive restraint, and text blocking.
It is a fact that insurance policies for high-risk drivers are quite expensive, but Praetorianauto.com offers affordable payment options and a variety of discounts to help you minimize your expense, yet you can still drive legally.